Here is brief conversation I had with someone...
- Tell me something you know
- Only female mosquitoes bite
- How did you come to know this?
- I read it in a book
- So it's not something you have had personal experience of
- How did the person who wrote the book come to that conclusion?
- Through research and analysis
The conversation above illustrates that knowledge lies with the knower and is developed out of research and experience. In thinking about sources of information consider the distinction between information and knowledge. Knowledge can be both knowing something (the what) and knowing how to do something (skill).